PLEASE CONTACT AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL @ firstname.lastname@example.org AND
GOVERNOR BOBBY JINDAL
P.O. BOX 94304
BATON ROUGE, LA 70804-9304 AND ASK THEM TO LOOK INTO THIS CASE THE MORE THE BETTER. THANK YOU AND BE BLESSED
Please keep him in your prayers.
Rogers LaCaze was sentenced to death at 18 for a crime he did not commit. The City of New Orleans took less that 6 months to Wrongfully Convict Rogers. This the fastest time a person facing 3 first degree murders and a death sentence has ever been convicted. Even the Officer who admits to doing the killing had a longer time before being convicted. The injustice served in his case is Grave Deep.
Here are a few facts:
Rogers's transcripts have been missing since his trial. By law he is would not be able to have a fair appeal because of this.
During the murder investigation there was a hair found on one of the bodies. To this day the hair has never been tested against Rogers hair. Now the D/A is saying that they cannot find the hair that could prove his innocence.
In 1998 three years after the crimes Adam Frank (The Brother Of then officer Antoinette Frank)
was arrested in Rayville, Louisiana bragging about killing a police officer in New Orleans and carrying the 9mm Beretta alleged to have been used in the killings on March 4, 1995 that Rogers have spent over 16 years of his life on death row for.
Adam was arrested for attacking a deputy. This is when money order receipts addressed to Antoinette Frank at Louisiana Correctional Institute for women were found in his vehicle
Rogers' case was tried before a judge that worked with the state to withhold critical evidence. The very gun Adam was arrested with the state said over and over that this was the murder weapon. And guess where this gun came from? It had been given to Antoinette Frank by non other that Judge Marullo Rogers trial Judge. He signed an order placing the gun in her hands, and boldly said he would do it again.
Neither the DA or the judge decided to inform Rogers' Attorney that Antoinette was in possession of the 9mm Beretta the same caliber used in the murders.
The DA also withheld evidence that showed that Adam, Antoinette, and Officer Williams had recently had a dispute, resulting in Antoinette threatening officer Williams life. The DA also withheld statements made to the police from one of surviving witnesses, made the night of the crime.
There isproof that Rogers made a series of unanswered phone calls to Antoinette Frank's cell phone at the time the murders were taking place. Had he been involved in the robbery and murders there would have not been time or the need for him to place these calls.
The DA and Judge Marullo were not the only ones to blame for this unjust conviction. The police investigating the murders the night they were committed did a abysmal job of securing the crime scene, documenting it through photographs, collecting pertinent evidence, and processing and preserving the evidence. The end result is that key evidence that could have been used to establish and prosecute the true killer in this case has been forever lost.
Rogers trial lawyer was seen asleep in court during the trial. He had never represented a defendant in a capital case and did not qualify to represent a capital defendant under state stand standards for capital representation. He sought out Rogers business in this high-profile case and accepted and old car, in advance, as a full payment for his representation. Prior to trial , defense counsel filed a grand total of three motions on behalf of his client. He did not do an investigation on his case and never hired investigators, in which Rogers was entitled to have.
Jury selection :
Rogers had a total of 3 officers on his jury.
including a woman that was at work the night the 911 call came in.
so you tell me how can he had ever gotten a fair trial ?!
MORE INFORMATION IS COMING ........... PLEASE KEEP CHECKING ...
ROGERS LACAZE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BOOK KILLER WITH A BADGE BY CHARLES HUSTMYRE: THIS IS A LETTER HE SENT TO ROGERS ACTING AS IF HE WANTED TO HELP HIM GET THE TRUTH OUT. WHEN ROGERS DID NOT RESPOND HE CREATED LIES TO SELL HIS BOOK.
1. Rogers tested negative for any gun powder residue on his clothes or person.
2. The police officer was shot from the right. Rogers is left handed.
3. There was a hair found on the slain officers body and held for comparison in 1995, but now it is nowhere to be found.
4. Why wasn't the F.B.I. involved with this case and NEW ORLEANS P.D. was allowed to run the show when one of their own was killed and also did the killing. NEW ORLEANS P.D was too close to this crime to do a full Investigation and report of findings. So they tainted the crime scene hid the third witness that had hid in the cooler at the time of the crime. Threatened Rogers alibi witness with bodily harm.
5.Why did the prosecution let the gas station attendant change his story in A. Franks’s trial but told a totally different story in Rogers trial.
6. Why did it take a year and a half after the slain officer's service pistol was recovered to notify Rogers attorneys of the discovery?
7. Why was the test from the interrogation never brought into trial?
8. What happened to the third eye witness that was in the cooler as well?
9. Rogers has transcripts missing from his case. This is important because by law he has to have all, not some BUT ALL!!! In order to appeal his case. Although he has been on previous appeals without a full transcript, which is also unconstitutional, the courts have realized this is a big set back in his case, due to the law, but have not done anything about it.
10. Rogers has cell phone records that proves he was calling FRANK during the alleged time of the murders.
11. THE D.A'S office is now hiding Brady material and blaming it on Hurricane Katrina, when actually this information was missing before the the hurricane was even named. They are using Katrina as a scapegoat to deprive Rogers of his Constitutional Rights which is Due process that by law everyone is entitled to.
12. Judge Marullo signed over a 9mm pistol to Officer A. Frank before that crime ever took place,in court he admitted that if he had the chance he would do it again. Are you kidding me?!!. Even after all the bad things she did on the force, when no other officer wanted to work with her, he would again sign the gun out to her. Could this be the reason the 9mm Murder weapon used at the crime was never to be found?!! Now that this Facts has come out it is obvious that Judge Marullo was on this case to protect his own interest and not for the justice of the people.
Could this be the reason the 9mm Murder weapon used at the crime was never to be found?!! Now that this Facts has come out it is obvious that Judge Marullo was on this case to protect his own interest and not for the justice of the people.
13. The gun that was signed out to Frank was found in her brothers possession (Adam Frank) in 1998. Rogers was never told of this.
14. Adam Frank was seen and heard telling people that he killed a New Orleans Police Officer.
15. He was arrested and beat up the transporting officer in order to escape.
Rogers needs your support!!! Spread the word about Rogers case in your area.
Let Justice be served this time!!!!
You can make a Difference and save a Life.
Rogers wants to hear from you please feel free to contact him at the addresses below.
Rogers LaCaze Sr.
LA State Prison
Angola, La 70712